Boom in Nordic private equity in the first half of 2018
Argentum has published the H1 2018 analysis of the Nordic private equity market.
Download the full report: Number Crunch H1 2018
Some key takeaways from the Nordic buyout and venture scene:
- Activity soared in the buyout market in the first half. €9.7 billion was invested in Nordic companies and invested amount has already surpassed the previous record from 2017 for the highest annual invested amount.
- Venture investments reached €370 million in the first six months. This is the highest amount in a first half since 2011. 128 venture deals were completed in the period.
- Unicorns on the rise: The two private equity-backed Nordic companies HMD Global and Netcompany broke the $1 billion unicorn mark in the first half of 2018.
- Private equity fundraising reached a new all-time high when Nordic fund managers secured total commitments of €16.3 billion. The Nordic private equity giants EQT and Nordic Capital closed their latest funds EQT VIII and Nordic Capital IX.
- Spotify’s listing on the NYSE in April attracted massive international attention. The Swedish tech company was listed to a market cap of $29 billion.